As the leader for 500+ great employees, Bill Jensen always strives to be a difference-maker for the people who work with him at Mediacom. He enjoys developing managers and supervisors in reaching their full potential as well as creating a true TEAM atmosphere in administrative as well as field operations. Bill focuses on excellence and attention to detail as well as “doing it right the first time.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to use storytelling to build relationships and trust
- How to formulate a Multibillion-dollar investment strategy?
- How Bill comes up with Stories that excite his customers and partners
- History of a cable industry
- How Sales Leaders Sell
- Can you use Storytelling to motivate people?
- The mindset you need to compete today
- The importance of preparing your stories ahead of time
- Why there is a shortage of qualified applicants?
- What does the Art of Storytelling mean to Bill?
[01:26] Welcome Bill
[01:49] Business stories that inspire him
[02:06] Multi-billion dollar investment strategy
[03:32] Cable industry
[04:12] How Bill got into the cable industry
[06:16] Local access television studio
[07:13] High-speed data and video-on-demand
[07:20] Fierce Competition in the cable industry
[08:35] 18-inch dishes
[08:49] Telephone companies
[09:47] Video, high-speed internet, telephony
[10:08] Stories that excite his customers and partners
[13:20] Why manage people?
[13:28] The role his father played
[13:57] Leadership opportunities
[14:54] Responsibility, patience, and experience
[15:20] How leaders sell
[15:41] Selling everyday
[16:18] Motivating people
[17:32] Leading and teaching by example
[20:00] Preparing ahead of time
[20:17] Challenges facing today’s leaders
[20:36] Shortage of qualified applicants
[21:51] The necessary skills for graduates and applicants
[23:27] The art of storytelling
[23:37] Inter-personal communication