Leading commerce strategy, sales, marketing, and consulting teams for over 20 years, Russell has worked with hundreds of organizations in shaping go-to-market strategies and execution plans. With a passion for technology’s socio-economic impact, Russell is known for expertly fusing economics, strategy, humor, and leadership into a deeply relevant, and entertaining message.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How Russell made the unlikely move from software engineer into sales
- Why all sales are transitioning into the Consulting mode
- Why Maximizing outcome while Minimizing effort is the only thing that matters
- How can you use AI to drive intimacy with Customers?
- How does storytelling help drive sales in digital commerce
- Why did Carhartt’s sales (a U.S.-based apparel company founded in 1889) skyrocket after “Interstellar” movie release
- What is the Game Changer for online selling today?
- What challenges are facing many of today’s sales leaders
- What does the Art of Storytelling mean to Russell Scherwin?
[00:31] Intro and Our Guest’s profile
[01:28] Welcome Russell Scherwin
[01:35] GPS analogy
[02:22] Vast sales experience
[04:28] Software Engineer going into Sales?
[05:04] Personal motivation
[05:08] Transitioning to the Consulting model
[06:05] Mistakes people make in sales
[06:28] Qualification and time management
[09:23] Maximizing outcome while Minimizing effort
[09:41] Learning to depend on other people
[09:59] How to build great teams
[10:40] Why the Technology industry?
[11:38] Why AI?
[12:34] Using AI to drive intimacy with Customers
[17:19] Sequencing products with the consumer’s want
[17:26] How AI functions in the modern day commerce space
[19:01] How Storytelling helps sales
[22:20] Leadership circle
[22:45] Learning from others
[23:08] “Trust but Verify”
[23:22] How to Hire great people
[23:46] Factors that make up an A-player
[24:54] Suit profile to the type of market
[26:11] Intellectual curiosity
[25:59] What does the Art of Storytelling mean to Russell?
[27:54] Contact information
WAYS TO CONTACT RUSSELL: